Wednesday 24 April 2013

Shelly Beach with My College Girls

Last weekend was our annual college girls' weekend away.
We had a house at Shelly Beach, Caloundra.
Two nights and days with bubbles, lot of talking (and laughing) and walking on the beach.
I call it SR (soul restoration).

The view from the balcony

The view from the loft balcony

















I had a shooting buddy this time!

Day one's sunset



Only one of us was missing.
She had to stay home for a family reunion...I photoshopped her in.











I was so upset that this one set on timer turned out blurry! :(



My friend took my camera so I could be in some photos.
So here's a rare one of me!
Soul restored...



Linking up today with Trish
@



for Wordless Wednesday

15 comments:

  1. Such beautiful shots Thea, and what a lovely way to re-energize. So nice to catch up with each other regularly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is Lisa! I'm so glad we started doing it as an annual event.

      Delete
  2. I love paddling in rock pools at the beach :-)

    And I'm with you on SR - I go on an annual girlie weekend with some old friends each March - this year, to Straddie, but usually we head up the Sunny Coast too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, Janet! It's the best thing, isn't it?! :)

      Delete
  3. Thea you look lovely! What a great weekend away, surrounded with beauty from sunup to sundown and beyond.
    Are they some yellow gazanias amongst the rocks? I spotted a lone seaside gazania on our day out Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they might be gazanias, Karen. I didn't go to the top of the cliff to see for sure.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a marvellous weekend. Do you plan the next one straight away? Must be nice to see people grow and change and stay the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we don't usually plan the next one straight away. We get to the beginning of the next year and feel that it's about time and someone gets into organizing mode. We are however starting to plan our 'Festival of Fifty'...it's a few years away yet but we're going to make it a week long!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shots, looks like such a nice spot

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to visit with friends. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous collection of photos and wow what a large number of you and so great you're all still friends! Nice to see a shot of you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are a big group when we're all together! I only see them once a year, so it is very special.

      Delete
  8. what a beautiful place to wander amongst the rocks!!

    ReplyDelete

A little comment goes a long way