Thursday 31 January 2013

Photo A Day Challenge - January

I've been playing along with the Photo a Day Challenge set by
since August.

It's so much fun I'm at it again for the 6th time.
I add to this post daily
and also put the photos on







31. YOURSELF - I have a big fat cold sore today and I hate taking selfies...so I'm using my favourite photo of myself from my wedding day, just over 10 years ago.




30. DOWN - Thankfully all of this flood water went down just in time for first day of school today!




29. GROW - All this rain has caused mushrooms to grow in our pots!




28. THROUGH - No one is getting through our town today...FLOODED!!




27. SUN - We are right in the middle of ex-tropical cyclone Oswald at the moment, I haven't seen the sun for 3 days! So here's an old favourite that I took some time ago on a hazy afternoon.




26. TOGETHER - Last night we went to see Keith Urban who was BRILLIANT!! Loved seeing him on stage together with the Madden Brothers.



25. LANDSCAPE - It's very wet and grey here today (which I love!) so I'm using my favourite landscape shot from the stunning Maleny Botanic Gardens which we visited for a picnic and stroll last month.



24. STRIPES - I haven't seen many of these around. I think it's a native bee.



23. ELECTRIC - The power pole in the corner of our front yard. It's an eyesore and I usually try NOT to get it in my photos.



22. CORNER - The corner of the outdoor table that my husband built.



21. WHAT YOU DO - I do lots of things! But one of the things I love to do is take photos of flowers.



20. SOMETHING YOU SAW - On Friday we saw Les Mis at the movies. It's the first grown-ups movie I've been to in 9 years!! And BOY was it worth the wait. Love loved LOVED it!



19. DELICIOUS - There's nothing better than a big hotel breakie....DEEEEEE-licious!



18. SHADOW - The shadow of a cactus on the pool wall of our hotel.



17. READY - They're packed and ready to go to Grandma's for 2 nights. Not sure I'm ready though. It's the first time they'll be away for that long. *sniff*



16. TWO THINGS - My favourite earrings.



15. AN ORDINARY MOMENT - Rain may seem ordinary to many of you, but when it hasn't rained for months, and we've just had a 6 day heatwave...rain is an extraordinary thing!



14. SOMETHING YELLOW - Yellow mulberry leaves in our garden.



13. CIRCLE - My favourite circle!



12. SURPRISE - I took my Miss 5 to the duck pond to ride her scooter yesterday and I always take my camera. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this! Nine gorgeous little ducklings!!



11. WATER - Filling a horse trough at a picnic ground.



10. ONE O'CLOCK - Lunch! Perfect for a hot day (it's about 36° at the moment)...cold left over mini impossible quiches and a watermelon Greek salad!! YUMMO



9. PAPER - Making paper snowflakes.



8. SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH 'T' - Trees...our trees on our block! This is why I want to call the block "Gum Grove".



7. STREET - A street in my town. I love the historic buildings.



6. MINE - My husband, my son, my daughter. My world...



5. MOVEMENT - The wind blowing the grass.



4. THE VIEW FROM HERE - When we move, I'm going to miss this view from our back yard.



3. HEART - I still haven't taken the Christmas Tree down yet! I'm keeping it up until my parents visit next week.



2. SOMETHING NEW - My new tunic top from ModCloth. I love it!!



1. TODAY - Today we went to the beach with hundreds of other people...my least favourite thing to do in Summer!




All done!

11 comments:

  1. seriously..least fav? Youre Australian...right? Oh well, I guess it's to each their own. Again though, great pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie I am...and I'm also a beach & Summer hater!

      Delete
    2. living in the desert I'm right there with you about hating the hot Summers we have in SA but I love the sea..

      Delete
    3. OK...I lied...I actually do love the beach. BUT only in winter, or not summer!! :)

      Delete
  2. Call me crazy, but the picture of the wind blowing the grass reminds me of Thing 1 and Thing 2, from the Cat in the Hat Comes Back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trees on your block are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous photos,I also participate in this photo challenge.I post my photos on my Facebook fan page and I'm always curious to check other people's photos.

    Lusine
    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty mulberry leaves, and the ducks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great shots lately. I really love 27 - sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Very impressive photography and a wonderful video!!

    ReplyDelete

A little comment goes a long way