Friday 28 February 2014

FMS Photo a Day Challenge - February 2014

I've been playing along with the Photo a Day Challenge set by
since August 2012 and haven't missed a single day.
Nope, not one day!

Now I'm back at it for another New Year.
I add to this post daily
and also post the photos to the
FMS Photo A Day Facebook group.






1 you: this is me...usually behind my camera!



2 favourite: our favourite thing to do on a Sunday...go for a picnic. Today we added a bit of mountain climbing in as well! I didn't make it to the top, though...this time...



3 something orange: this little orange flower has been waiting to be sewn back onto Miss 6's fairy dress for ages! Does anyone else have a mending pile?



4 childhood: my childhood playground...how we loved playing in the hay shed!



5 square: a pretty glass dish we bought in Venice.



6 C is for... Candy Crush!! The most addictive little game of all time!



7 utensil: my utensil corner in my still unfinished kitchen!



8 water: we usually go to the coast on the weekend, but we're not going until tomorrow...so no photos of the pool or the beach today...my shower is the only water I'll be seeing today.



9 details: I love to zoom up close to capture the details of Rainbow Lorikeets. They're such gorgeous creatures and I feel lucky to see them in my garden every day.



10 I am...baking...one of my least favourite things to do but the kids need something in their lunch boxes and I'm trying to cut down on pre-packaged, over processed biscuits!



11 mistake: ooops!



12 out + about: the kids out + about on the playground during their lunch break. Yes, I was back at school today! My first relief day this year...and I had my old Preps (new Yr 1s)! 



13 perfect: a perfect blue sky this morning...this one is for all of you who have had enough of snow, rain and grey skies!



14 heart: Happy Valentine's Day!



15 my drink of choice: I usually start my day with coffee, end it with wine and drink nothing but water in between. But today my drink of choice is a hot lime and honey drink because I have a very sore throat. :(



16 create: I was asked to create some covered coat hangers for next month's school fete. This is what I've done so far...



17 vegetable: a small town not far from here has a whole festival dedicated to this vegetable...the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival. Look, it's a pumpkin coach on a pumpkin!



18 magic: my little fairy promises that she can "magic" anything. So go on...make a wish!



19 feet: sometimes you just have to put your feet up and enjoy the view!



20 peace: Ahhhhhhh.....PEACE! They're all at Music! 



21 funny: our family Christmas photo from 2012. I set the camera on timer, we all did a 'serious' shot, then I said, "OK everyone, FUNNY FACES!" But what I think is really funny is those who chose not to...Mum, Dad, my husband and my sister-in-law...some people just aren't funny face kind of people...



22 an act of kindness I have been sent two wonderful things from two lovely members of this group, totally as an act of kindness so today's prompt has prompted(!) me to pay it forward. I'd love to send an owl keyring and a butterfly keyring to someone for nix...nada...nothing. Who wants them?? (You can choose your own colours)




23 this is where I relax: on my bed...always with a book!



24 half: "Dear Optimist, Pessimist & Realist, While you guys were arguing about the glass being half empty or half full, I drank it! Sincerely, The Opportunist"



25 cut: I've been putting off cutting these gorgeous fabrics that I'm meant to be turning into oven mitts and pot holders for the fete for ages....today I must CUT!



26 light: A few bright beams pointed in the right direction light up just one person in a room of thousands.



27 my view today:  and every day...my town bathed in the beautiful morning sunshine...



28 reflection:  a gorgeous Great Egret at the duck pond.





No comments:

Post a Comment

A little comment goes a long way