Tuesday 30 September 2014

365 Days of Man's Mark on the World - September 2014

At the beginning of 2013 I began a 365 Project called 365 Days In Nature.
This year I'm continuing that one and starting a new one called 365 Days of Man's Mark on the World.
My goal is to take a photo of something man made every day for the whole year.
I've started a Facebook group to share our photos.

If you want to join us, you can find us here... 365 Days of Man's Mark on the World


Day 244 - 1st September - Pubs/Hotels/Bars - I love this big old building. It's right beside the old railway station, home of the Valley Rattler.




Day 245 - 2nd September - Pubs/Hotels/Bars - Here's the Mt Pleasant Hotel. The "Husband Day Care Centre" sign is a little cringeworthy!




Day 246 - 3rd September - Pubs/Hotels/Bars - Today' as pub is The Empire. It's recently had a face lift as well. I love the look of this pub, it reminds me of a Sydney terrace house. 




Day 247 - 4th September - Pubs/Hotels/Bars - We're going out of town for today's pub. This one is down the road a bit at Kin Kin. It does lovely Sunday lunches and has a fabulous beer garden out the back with massive boulders that the kids love to climb.





Day 248 - 5th September - Pubs/Hotels/Bars - We're going inside the pub today. Love this bar...so fair dinkum Aussie!! This is inside the Theebine Hotel.







Day 249 - 6th September - Tiles/Mosaics - Cool tiles at the Cooroy Botanic Gardens.





Day 250 - 7th September - Tiles/Mosaics - Part of the lovely mosaic wall in Memorial Lane.


Day 251 - 8th September - Tiles/Mosaics - My pretty millefiori pendant from Venice, made from glass mosaic beads.



Day 252 - 9th September - Tiles/Mosaics - Mosaic marble floor inside the Pantheon in Rome.



Day 253 - 10th September - Tiles/Mosaics - More glass mosaic because I don't have many tiles around here.



Day 254 - 11th September - Tiles/Mosaics - Looking down into the courtyard (in the rain) from the balcony of our holiday unit.



Day 255 - 12th September - Tiles/Mosaics - Shiny tiles at our favourite resort.




Day 256 - 13th September - Green - We had so much fun at Aussie World today for our son's 10th birthday. Here he is on the Ballroom Blitz. I asked him to sit on a green swing for the theme and he willingly obliged.



Day 257 - 14th September - Green - More green from Aussie World.



Day 258 - 15th September - Green - Still at Aussie World...in the water park area these buckets would be filled with water then flip over, drenching my Miss 7 who was standing underneath.



Day 259 - 16th September - Green - "Win a prize...only $5". One of the few things not included in the entrance fee at Aussie World...we passed so did not win any green turtles. They are cute though. 



Day 260 - 17th September - Green - The big green Octopus at Aussie World. I hadn't been on it for at least 20 years, but went with my Miss 7 on Saturday. It was her first 'big girl' ride. She enjoyed it much more than I did!!



Day 261 - 18th September - Green - One from the Gympie Show today.



Day 262 - 19th September - Green - Loved this green car that turned up on the farm for a tour just as we were leaving.




Day 263 - 20th September - Arches - Arches on the Dickabram Bridge.



Day 264 - 21st September - Arches - I enlisted the family so spot arches for me today and my husband spotted this one. It's a drain under the footpath...but yes, it is an arch.



Day 265 - 22nd September - Arches - We spent most of the weekend at a camping ground near Kenilworth. I don't 'do' camping, but Miss 7 had her first night in a caravan with Grandma. I just don't see the appeal in it at all!! This was the neighbour's kitchen tent.



Day 266 - 23rd September - Arches - Arched windows in the Lutheran Church.



Day 267 - 24th September - Arches - The golden arches, my kids' favourite arches!



Day 268 - 25th September - Arches - An arch for the swans at the duck pond.



Day 269 - 26th September - Arches - My final arch...my husband framed by an arch inside the Colosseum in Rome.




Day 270 - 27th September - Metal - The metal chain on the swings at the playground.



Day 271 - 28th September - Metal - How about some brass!



Day 272 - 29th September - Metal - Miss 7 and I were quite taken the the heart shaped metal sprinklers at the Noosa Botanic Gardens (at Cooroy).



Day 273 - 30th September - Metal - The metal cross on the top of St Patrick's Church.








No comments:

Post a Comment

A little comment goes a long way