Saturday 31 May 2014

365 Days In Nature - May 2014

I began taking a nature photo on the 1st of January 2013.
My goal was to take one every day for the whole year.
I achieved that, now I'm back for another year.
I started a Facebook group to share our nature photos.
It has grown to more than 200 members from all around the world.
And it's the best group on Facebook.
No, I'm not at all biased!
If you want to join us, you can find us here... 365 Days In Nature


Day 121 - 1st May - Baby Animals - Here's looking at you, kid!



Day 122 - 2nd May - Baby Animals - Bye bye baby animals...it's been an adorable week!





Day 123 - 3rd May - Butterflies - My favourite butterfly is the Blue Triangle Butterfly (I think that's what it is called) but they are so hard to snap because they don't stay still for very long!



Day 124- 4th May - Butterflies - The butterfly isn't very colourful but the roses are pretty! I could have used this one next week as well.



Day 125 - 5th May - Butterflies - A pretty one I snapped at our block of land but I've forgotten what it is called.



Day 126 - 6th May - Butterflies - Close up of a Common Eggfly Butterfly.



Day 127 - 7th May - Butterflies - I've always thought these were Monarch Butterflies, but apparently they're also called Wanderers. This group (what's the collective noun for butterflies?) was in the trees at our block of land. There are four, can you see them all?



Day 128 - 8th May - Butterflies - A pretty yellow butterfly. Who knows what this one is called?



Day 129 - 9th May - Butterflies - The final butterfly...my favourite photo. Again, don't know what it is called...




Day 130 - 10th May - Roses - I have so many photo of roses!! My Aunty Rose (yes, that's her name) has the most beautiful rose garden at the farm. On of my favourite things to do is stroll with her while she's telling me their names. I never remember any of them!



Day 131 - 11th May - Roses - I'd be happy if I got pink roses and nothing else for Mother's Day. It didn't happen today...but I did get lovely things made by the kids and we had a beautiful day out at my mother-in-law's new house. So I'll give myself a pink rose and say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of our lovely mums!



Day 132 - 12th May - Roses - This one is such a pretty colour.



Day 133 - 13th May - Roses - Red is not my favourite colour, but there's something about red roses...



Day 134 - 14th May - Roses - Another one from Aunty Rose's garden. I do believe this one is a Double Delight...I remembered one!



Day 135 - 15th May - Roses - This rose in Neighbour Dave's garden is full of old fashioned charm.



Day 136 - 16th May - Roses - My final rose for the theme is one from our own garden. What a delight this week has been!



Day 137 - 17th May ~ Anything to do with water: Let's start with a beautiful Aussie beach...Noosa Beach...



Day 138 - 18th May ~ Anything to do with water: Today it's the beautiful Maroochy River, a great picnic spot!



Day 139 - 19th May ~ Anything to do with water: A lovely lake at the Cooroy Botanic Gardens, Lake Macdonald.



Day 140 - 20th May ~ Anything to do with water: A pretty pond at Kooralbyn, not far from the farm.



Day 141 - 21st May ~ Anything to do with water: The Mothar Mountain Rock Pools just out of town, a wonderful place for a picnic and a great place for the kids to swim.



Day 142 - 22nd May ~ Anything to do with water: From the barge to Stradbroke Island...sunset over the mainland...



Day 143 - 23rd May ~ Anything to do with water: Gorgeous geese on the water at the local duck pond.



Day 144 - 24th May ~ Leaves: We don't get very much autumn colour around here, but here is a little bit on the footpath in the park.



Day 145 - 25th May ~ Leaves: After visiting the Noosa Botanical Gardens for a picnic today, I've got LOADS of leaves photos. Look at all of these lovely lily pad leaves...



Day 146 - 26th May ~ Leaves: I loved the colours and shapes in these leaves at the gardens yesterday.



Day 147 - 27th May ~ Leaves: More gorgeous leaves from the botanic gardens.



Day 148 - 28th May ~ Leaves: A pretty heart shaped leaf, again from the botanic gardens.



Day 149 - 29th May ~ Leaves: Flowers or leaves? Neither, they're bracts. But they do a pretty good job of looking like leaves!



Day 150 - 30th May ~ Leaves: The last of the leaves. Pretty and colourful leaves from the botanic gardens.




Day 151 - 31st May ~ Feathers, Fur or Fins: Let's start with the most beautiful feathers in the world...well, I think so...




No comments:

Post a Comment

A little comment goes a long way